If you’re more comfortable in the kitchen than the mall this holiday season then a batch of Vegan Oat Nut Granola is perfect for gift giving! Show me the Yummy (http://showmetheyummy.com/vegan-granola-recipe/)
Vegan Oat Nut Granola
(Bakes 40 minutes, makes 7 cups.)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- ¾ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In large bowl, mix oats, pecans, almonds, coconut, salt and cinnamon.
- In second bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour coconut mixture over oat mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Spread mixture evenly onto a rimmed baking/cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir, and then bake another 20 minutes (40 minutes total).
- After 40 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- Don’t stir! (Let some clusters cool together).
- When completely cool, store in airtight container or mason jars.