After a summer full of fun, BBQs, patio beverages and vacations, it can feel overwhelming to re-boot your fall fitness routine!
We know how you feel, and have worked with people from all walks of life to help make easing into a new fitness routine a success! After all, it’s not about making extreme short-lived changes in your life – It’s about creating a new lifestyle for long lasting success.
Incorporating Pure Vibe and WBV (Whole Body Vibrational) is a great way to ease into a new routine – as it’s quick, highly effective and a lot of fun. Enjoy our top ten tips to ease into your fall fitness routine:
· Book your classes ahead of time (always have your next 3-4 classes scheduled). Treat your workouts like important meetings with yourself – because they are! Commit to showing up for yourself.
· Schedule classes back to back. Aim for 3-4 classes a week. The momentum caused by doing classes close together is key for building up your fitness, and motivation towards your health and fitness goals.
· Take a habit inventory. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit” ~Aristotle. What habits do you currently have that are building towards your goal – and which are detrimental? Become aware of your habits and choose them wisely.
· Take care of yourself. To train hard, and get the results you want, it’s important you are eating clean, getting enough sleep and staying hydrated. You will notice better results in the studio if you are taking care of the other aspects of your health at home too.
· Drop your self-judgement. The only person you should be comparing yourself to is who you were yesterday! Compete with yourself and aim to be a little bit better every day. This will make working out way more fun and rewarding! J
· Get sweaty every day. Add in a walk or run before class to boost your heart rate and burn more calories.
· Lower the intensity level on your Whole Body Vibration machine as you ease into a new fitness routine. You can amp up the level as you go, and your body becomes stronger – which will happen quickly!
· Push yourself! Commit to a minimum of two classes a week where you give it your all – and experience the true benefits of HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training). The harder you train in the studio, the easier you will experience your life outside the studio.
· Make it fun. Let’s be honest – if your new routine isn’t fun and enjoyable, it’s not going to last. Reward yourself with new workout gear (tons of fall fitness fashion coming out now), enrol a friend or co-worker into a workout with you and check-in with yourself once a week to evaluate what’s working for you, and what can be improved.
· Measure your progress. If you can’t measure your results, you’re probably not getting any. Measure what feels right for you – whether that be weight, inches, body fat percentage or your daily eating habits. Strive for improvement, and acknowledge and learn from failures along the way.
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill