Who doesn’t love a glorious soak in the tub? The warmth of the water, the fragrance of essential oils, the quiet that lets your mind connect—these are fabulous of course, but add some magnesium-rich Epsom salts, some ginger, some baking soda, and some apple cider vinegar, and you’ll be rocking the best sleep-enhancing, detoxing bath you can experience at home! This is definitely a bedtime bath, and it’s not suitable for those who are or may be pregnant, have diabetes, high blood pressure, or a heart condition. If you’re in doubt, check with your physician.
Sweet Dreams Detox Bath Ingredients:
2 cups Epsom salts
1 cup baking soda
1 tsp. ground ginger
1000 mg vitamin C (powder, or ground tablet)
1 cup organic apple cider vinegar, “with the mother” (Good for acne.)
8-10 drops essential oils (Try bergamot, chamomile, lavender, rose, rosemary, sandalwood, jasmine or sweet orange.)
- Start running a steamy hot bath. The hotter the better for detoxing. Note—hot baths are not recommended for certain health conditions. If you are or may be pregnant, or have diabetes, high blood pressure, or a heart condition, then this bath is not for you (or, check with your physician beforehand).
- Stir in Epsom salts, baking soda, and ground ginger.
- Stir in vitamin C, and allow 10 minutes for the vitamin C to counteract chlorine.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Add essential oils. While any fragrance you enjoy will give you a pleasurable experience, for added benefits of relaxation and stress reduction, try bergamot, chamomile, lavender, rose, rosemary, sandalwood, jasmine or sweet orange.
- Before entering the bath, drink 1-2 glasses of filtered water to hydrate.
- Soak in the bath for a minimum of 20 minutes, and not more than 30 minutes.
- Do not apply any lotions or powders after the bath, as you may continue to sweat/detox for an hour.
- Drink another 1-2 glasses of filtered water to replace fluids.
Enjoy a good night’s sleep!
|ACV is naturally antibacterial, and also acidic, which helps restore the pH level of your skin. It’s full of minerals, soothes sunburns, and eliminates fungus.|
|Baking Soda||Baking soda detoxes and alkalizes the body; absorbs heavy metals; soothes and exfoliates the skin; and relieves the irritation of insect bites, rashes, or minor burns.|
|Epsom Salts||Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) is an excellent source of both magnesium and sulfate, important for recovery, relaxation, reducing inflammation, flushing toxins, and easing migraines.|
|Essential Oils||Rose, rosemary, and lavender essential oils reduce cortisol levels; bergamot, chamomile, sandalwood, and sweet orange oils reduce anxiety and increase relaxation.|
|Promoting sweating is the main effect of a ginger bath, and sweating is a powerful way to detox. Ginger is also an anti-inflammatory.|
|Vitamin C||Research shows that 2 forms of vitamin C can neutralize chlorine in bath water—ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate.|