This year, skip the traditional four-course meal and get out in the fresh air instead. Loving partners who sweat together enjoy the physical and mental health benefits of movement, connection, intimacy and love.
Research shows that a loving sexually active relationship promotes health and longevity through the following:
- Stronger immune system
- Faster healing and pain relief
- Better cardiovascular health
- Improved stamina and endurance
- Lower levels of depression and anxiety
- Lower instances of substance abuse
- Longer life span
Exercising with a partner is a great way to add more romance to your relationship. Couples who work out together feel more confident and satisfied in their relationships. By sharing a common goal you build strength together by working together. It’s all about teamwork. Taking on new fitness challenges with your partner can take your relationship to a whole new level. As you both work toward your goals, you have a better understanding of the obstacles and victories your partner is experiencing. Think how powerful that understanding can be in other areas of your relationship. Everyone is busy, and by working out together you’ll get the added benefit of more time with one another. And you won’t be arguing about one person always being at the studio.
Fun Active Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day:
- Snowshoeing for free at Grouse Mountain! Every Monday and Wednesday night this season, join outdoor enthusiasts for a snowshoe social (included in the cost of your general admission). Find dates here.
- Ice skating for free at Robson Square. Lace up those skates and fall in love again while swirling around the downtown ice-rink. Find out more about this free activity here.
- Run around Queen Elizabeth Park, and shop at the winter farmers market together! Every Saturday this month, you can enjoy shopping local here and spend the evening cooking together when you get home.
- Dancing – There are so many types to choose from, so find one that you and your partner will enjoy. Dancing will bring your closer together physically and let you explore one another’s body.
- HIIT a Vibe: The ultimate pre-sex workout warming you up from the inside out delivering all the key ingredients for an explosive night; strengthening your pelvic floor, tightening every muscle including your lady parts, improving cardio, stamina, endurance, strength, balance and flexibility so you are free to move in any direction for extended periods! Invite your sweetie to VIBES with our special intro offer.
However you choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, remember to have fun, try something new and don’t sweat the small things!