Heart disease remains the leading cause of death and hospitalization in Canada. According to Health Canada, an estimated 1.6 million Canadians are living with heart disease and/or the effects of a stroke. These are staggering numbers with tremendous impact on the people and families affected by heart disease.
We are pleased to see Health Canada report that by adopting healthy behaviours, you can delay the onset of heart disease or stroke by as much as 14 years! Up to 80% of premature heart disease and stroke is preventable by adopting healthy behaviours.
At Pure Vibe, we fully believe it’s the small actions taken daily that contribute to maintaining and preventing illness and disease, and that Whole Body Vibration is an ideal platform to maintain and strengthen your heart.
There are three components to exercise that contribute to your heart health:
Whole Body Vibration therapy can provide endurance, strength, and flexibility training all at once! To keep your heart in top shape, you want to incorporate all three of these forms of exercise into your routine. At Pure Vibe we want to maximize the time you spend with us, which is why our classes are designed to give you a full body workout in just 20 minutes. The high-powered Whole Body Vibration Machines we use allow you to control the pace of your workout, from an Extreme Fitness Class, to a gentler paced Wellness Class.
Benefits of Pure Vibe Whole Body Vibration Classes:
· Strength training – Your heart is a muscle, and should be worked out like the others! Incorporated into all classes, we work on increasing muscle and bone strength through cardio, lunges, push-ups, planking and more. And, we have classes for all fitness levels including beginners and those with injuries.
· Improves posture – Realign your body to its natural form.
· Flexibility – Stretch it out in a Wellness or Flow Class. Stretching will help keep your muscles relaxed and your joints healthy.
· Decrease Stress Levels – Whole Body Vibration can help the body decrease the unhealthy effects of stress levels, like cortisol.
· HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) – Used in Fitness & Extreme Classes to get your heart rate up and raise your metabolic rate, this is beneficial for your lungs and circulatory system.
The reality in Canada right now is only 15% of adults accumulate the recommended 150 minutes per week of moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity required to reduce the risks of heart disease. By simply adding these precious minutes of activity into your week, you could reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and diabetes by 30%!
Your time matters. Your health matters more. Your worth 20 min.
At Pure Vibe you don’t need to sacrifice your time in order to have amazing health. Make your heart health a priority and book yourself into a Vibe today!
For more heart health info, check out the Heart and Stroke Foundation.