This spring detox bowl is the perfect post-vibe dinner. It’s full of fresh greens, healthy seeds and herbs. The dressing adds a tangy kick that will keep you coming back for more!
Most of the ingredients are raw, which boosts their life-force energy and safeguards their natural enzymes. Balanced with protein and fat from the pumpkin and hemp seeds, and detoxing properties from the ACV and beets, this is the perfect spring detox salad bowl.
Vibe Swap: Grains for Greens. If you want to lean out this spring, you need to ditch the grains. Fill your plates with greens instead. This will keep you full longer and improve your energy levels. No one ever said they felt lethargic, sleepy, bloated or drained from eating too many greens.
Organic Ingredients (Salad):
2 cups of green kale
2 cups of swiss chard
2 cups of spinach
1 cup broccoli rice (find instructions on how to prepare this here)
½ beet, washed, peeled, and grated
½ carrot, washed, peeled, and grated
1 green zucchini, peeled, and grated
1 cucumber, peeled, and grated
¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
4 roasted artichoke hearts, chopped
½ cup of fresh basil, washed, and chopped
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Make dressing (ingredients and instructions below).
- In large salad bowl, add chopped greens (kale, swiss chard, spinach), chopped onion, chopped artichokes, half of the pumpkin seeds, half the hemp seeds and the broccoli rice (prepare this advance).
- Add half of the salad dressing and half the chopped basil and toss well. This dressed salad will be the bottom half of your salad bowl.
- On top of the dressed salad, add the grated vegetables—either layer them, or add them in mounds clockwise.
- Sprinkle remaining pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and basil on top of grated vegetables.
- Before serving, drizzle with the rest of the salad dressing.
Organic Ingredients (Dressing):
The juice of a lemon and lime
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
1 tsp kelp flakes, or a dash of Himalayan sea salt
2 tsp hemp oil
2 tbsp filtered water
1 tbsp onion powder
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, whisk well.
- Use half the dressing to toss with the greens (as per above).
- Use half the dressing to drizzle over grated vegetables just before serving.
Vibe Tip: Want to make this recipe more filling? Add ½ an avocado, MCT oil or 1 cup of hemp tofu.