Spicy Vegan Cabbage Soup
Cabbage is packed full of nutrition, easy to prepare and affordable making it a VIBE STAPLE. This cruciferous vegetable helps lower inflammation in the body, improves digestion and keeps your heart healthy.
Cabbage helps your body detox, which is why it’s a great food to consume around the holidays when people tend to eat more processed foods and sugar than usual. By consuming a healthy cabbage soup or salad before going out, your body will stay full and nourished longer.
Eating a whole food diet is one of easiest ways to prevent illness and disease, which is why it’s important to consume a variety of fresh vegetables and spices in your diet. This soup is not only full of cabbage but features a variety of vegetables that will help your immune system stay strong.
This soup is very flexible in that you can swap and choose which vegetables you use based on what’s in season, and what you have in the fridge. Make a large pot on meal-prep night and be nourished all week long!
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 head of green cabbage, chopped into small pieces
- 1 can organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 green chili, fresh and chopped finely
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- lentils, beans or tofu, optional for extra protein
- ground cumin, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
- pink salt and pepper, to taste
- vegan soup stock, find one with zero added sugars
- hemp oil, use as needed
- Sauté the onion and garlic in hemp oil for 5-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the remainder of veggies, with the exception of the spinach (the spinach cooks faster than everything else, so add this in near the end). Sauté the veggies for an additional 5 minutes.