Brussels sprouts are an important (and very tasty) part of a vegan diet rich in nutritional dense veggies. This super-food contains kaempferol, which is an antioxidant that may help reduce cancer growth, decrease inflammation and promote heart health.
They are low in calories and high in nutrition, making them a vibe staple! The fiber found in them help keep your gut and digestion working well – and keep you feeling full longer!
VIBE SWAP: Swap potatoes for brussels sprouts. Potatoes contain huge amounts of starch, which is nothing but glucose (sugar). Eating foods high in starch is hard on your digestive track and causes you to gain weight.
Enjoy this spicy roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe as a tasty side or eat it with an avocado and green salad and you’ve got a complete meal! It takes under 30-minutes to prepare.
- Brussels sprouts, 6 cups halved
- Onions, 2 sliced
- Garlic cloves, 12 crushed or minced
- Hemp oil, 2 tablespoons
- Pistachios, 1 cup
- Red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place Brussels sprouts, onions and crushed garlic on a baking sheet. Using a reusable silicone baking sheet will help make clean up easy!
- Drizzle with hemp oil.
- Add pistachios, red pepper flakes, cayenne, pepper and salt. Give everything a good toss.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender and crispy. Give them a good stir at the 10-minute mark so they cook evenly.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy right away!