True love start with your plate and this salad bowl is richly dense with plant-based nutrition—from the many shades of fresh greens, the seeds, the olives, and fresh herbs. The dressing is delicious as most of the ingredients are raw, boosting their life-force energy and safeguarding their natural enzymes. The pumpkin and chia seeds provide both protein and healthy fats, and the beets lend their detoxifying nature. The greens provide vitamins and minerals, especially Vit K and calcium, and the basil adds antioxidants, Vit A and iron. If you can’t find candy-cane beets (named for their pretty striped interiors) then regular beets will work just as well.
Organic Ingredients (Salad):
3 cups of green kale, washed well and chopped
3 cups of swiss chard, washed well and chopped
½ english cucumber, washed well and grated
1 candy-cane beet, washed, peeled, and grated
1 green zucchini, washed and grated
1 yellow zucchini, washed and grated
¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
8 black olives, chopped
½ cup fresh basil, washed, and chopped
1 cup raw organic pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Make dressing (ingredients and instructions below).
- In large salad bowl, add chopped greens (kale and swiss chard), chopped onion, olives, half of the pumpkin seeds, and half the chia seeds.
- Add half of the salad dressing and half the chopped basil, and toss well. This dressed salad will be the bottom half of your salad bowl.
- On top of the dressed salad, add the grated vegetables—either layer them, or add them in mounds clockwise. Place grated beet, grated cucumber, grated yellow and green zucchini.
- Sprinkle remaining pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and basil on top of grated vegetables.
- Before serving, drizzle with the rest of the salad dressing.
Organic Ingredients (Dressing):
the juice of ½ a lime
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
1 dash of Himalayan sea salt
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. filtered water
1 tsp. black olive brine
1 tbsp. onion powder
½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
1 dash of cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in bowl, whisk well.
Use half the dressing to toss with the greens (as per above).
Use half the dressing to drizzle over grated vegetables just before serving.