Sometimes a homemade, veggie casserole is just the thing to hit the spot! At only 20 calories per cup, eggplant is an excellent source of vitamin C, folate, potassium and manganese. Artichokes are full of fiber, are an excellent source of vitamins C and K, niacin, as well as magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and copper. The fresh herbs are good sources of phytonutrients and antioxidants. This baked dish is full of freshness and flavor, excellent for meal prep as it freezes well in glass Tupperware and is sure to become a go-to family favorite.
Vegan Organic Ingredients:
4 Japanese eggplants
2 red peppers
6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
1 small red onion
2 cloves of fresh garlic
1 tbsp. capers
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
1 tbsp. fresh chives
1 tsp olive tapenade
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp pink salt
2 tbsp. pine nuts
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Wash and slice eggplant, zucchini and red peppers. Quarter and slice red onion. Drain artichoke hearts. Combine in bowl.
- Add half the olive oil and salt to veggies, and stir to coat well and evenly.
- Place veggies on a parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheet, in single layer. Spread out to maximize the cooking surface area.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes. Then flip with spatula, and roast a further 10-15 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, make sauce in medium-sized bowl. Combine garlic, capers, parsley, chives, olive tapenade, lemon juice, and half the olive oil and salt. Whisk to fully combine.
- Add roast vegetables to sauce, and toss to coat well.
- Excellent served with lentils or grilled tofu on a large green salad with apple cider & balsamic vinegar.
- Just before serving, sprinkle pine nuts and nutritional yeast on top.