This is a holiday favourite that is sure to please any crowd! It’s easy to prepare, nutritious, vegan and most importantly it’s delicious!
What you will need:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Coconut Oil
- Oven, Baking Sheet + Parchment Paper
- Raise the baking rack in your oven to the top rack, and place the oven on broil at the high temperature setting.
- Cut the bottoms of the Brussels sprouts off, and then cut them into halves. This will make it easy to then peel off any outer layers that may be bruised or dirty.
- Place all the cut Brussels sprouts in a large bowl, and rinse them thoroughly in water.
- Melt 4 TBLS of coconut oil on the stove (note you can use more or less oil based on personal preferences – just be sure to use enough that all the Brussels sprouts are covered in oil).
- Cover a large baking sheet in parchment paper, and lay the Brussels sprouts out in a single layer.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the Brussels sprouts. Use a spatula to even spread the oil around, so that it’s evenly coated.
- Place the baking pan in the oven. Broil for 16-18minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are golden and crispy. Keep a close eye on the sprouts so not to burn or overcook.
- Serve up! Add sea salt to taste.
These make for a crowd-pleasing potluck dish, healthy side dish with dinner or a nutritious evening snack. Kid and adult friendly!