Looking for a great grab and go breakfast recipe that you can make with ingredients already in the house?
We love these simple oatmeal breakfast jars, and not just because they are super easy to make! This recipe is also:
- gluten and dairy free
- free of added sugars
- inexpensive and healthy
- requires absolutely no cooking
- suits the busy person on the go who wants to ensure they get a good meal in first thing in the morning
You’ll need the following basic ingredients to make this recipe:
- Organic rolled oats
- Almond milk
- Toppings – the choices are endless! Some of our favorites are: chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cranberries, bananas, strawberries, coconut, almond butter, raw cacao powder, buckwheat, hemp hearts, cinnamon, apples, blueberries and raspberries.
You will also require glass jars to store the oatmeal in.
The main thing to keep in mind with this recipe is that YOU CAN’T GET IT WRONG. Have fun and try different flavor combos based on what’s in season and what you already have at home.
Overnight Oatmeal Recipe: The Basics.
- Mix the oatmeal, liquid and toppings in a bowl together! Make sure you use enough almond milk to cover the oats.
- If you mixed everything in a bowl, put the contents of your mixture into a jar for an easy “grab and go” breakfast OR leave it in the bowl if you plan to eat it at home.
- Place your mixture in the fridge
- Enjoy in the morning! Try adding extra healthy fats to the top of your bowl or jar in the morning, like almond butter or avocado.
Try this delicious combo for a heart-healthy breakfast!
Mix the following together:
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup of organic unsweetened almond milk *Heart health fact: There’s no cholesterol or saturated fat in almond milk. It’s low in sodium and high in healthy fats, which helps with preventing high blood pressure and heart disease.
- 1 teaspoon of organic raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (soaked in a small bowl first covered with enough almond milk to cover them – soak for 5 minutes and then add to the rest of the mixture)
- 1 banana cut into small slices
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut to garnish.