Every year our cells regenerate. We are constantly breaking down and re-growing ourselves with each choice we make.
What do you want for yourself in 2016? Whether it’s a healthier, fitter or leaner body it’s going to take effort and dedication to make it happen. Start your year off strong with our top resolution hacks!
· To make a resolution is to make a firm decision to do something. Be clear on what it is you want, and commit to it fully. Consider filling out a goal sheet and working with a trainer to set up your program and help hold you accountable and keep you on track.
· Determine what new habits you need to develop in order to achieve your resolution. If you want to lose weight, then consider incorporating new habits like working out daily and burning at least 500 calories. Nutrition is equally important and by doing all of your meal prep and grocery shopping on a Sunday to ensure you have healthy meals for yourself all week is critical to your success. When you focus on practical action steps and habits, your resolutions will quickly become closer to fruition.
· Create a winning environment for your success. They say you become like the five people you spend the most time with. We’d add to that by saying your environment at home, work and the studio plays a major roll in your ability to thrive and uphold your resolutions. Spend time optimizing your environment so that it’s conducive to your success.
· Learn to love discomfort! If you feel comfortable, you’re probably not growing. Seek comfort in the moments of discomfort and have compassion for yourself as you take up new habits and push outside of your comfort zone!
· Make it easier to achieve your resolution than to not achieve it. Each time you take a successful step towards your resolution, reward yourself! On the flip side, if you don’t get to class when you said you would, set up a consequence to deter you from failing. An example of this could be donating $50 to charity every time you fail.