Pressed for time? Then prep your healthy breakfast the night before.
Checkout the Overnight Vegan Oats recipe from bestseller Oh She Glows: http://ohsheglows.com/2015/07/22/vegan-overnight-oats/
Overnight Oats are the time-crunched person’s breakfast secret weapon, since they take just a couple minutes to make at night before bed. When you mix together rolled oats, chia seeds, and almond milk, the chia seeds absorb the milk and the oats soften, creating an effortless chilled porridge. Place it in the fridge at night and forget about it until morning, when you’ll wake up to a cool, creamy bowl of oats. Feel free to change up the fruit and other topping as you like.
• 1 large ripe/spotty banana, mashed
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
• 3/4 cup almond milk
• 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
• Fresh fruit
• Coconut flakes
• Pure maple syrup
• Nuts and seeds
• Banana soft serve
1. In a small bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth. Now stir in the chia seeds and cinnamon until combined.
2. Stir in the oats, almond milk, and vanilla (if using). Cover and refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 2 hours.
3. In the morning, stir the oat mixture to combine. If your Vegan Overnight Oats have a runny consistency even after they soak, simply stir in an additional 1 tbsp chia seeds and place the mixture back in the fridge until it has thickened up. If the oat mixture is too thick, simply add a splash of milk and stir to combine.