This “go-to” recipe from Angela at Oh She Glows can be on the table super-quick on busy weeknights! The prep time is a short 8 minutes, with ingredients most of us have on hand, and the cooking time is 25-minutes. It’s delicious and meets the Pure Vibe plant-based lifestyle as well as being gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, sugar-free, and soy-free.
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 4 cups diced veggies (whatever you have on hand or prefer—broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, carrot, peas, etc.)
- ½ cup uncooked red lentils
- ½ cup water (may need more)
- 1 14-ounce (398 ml) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 14-ounce (398 ml) can light coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- ½ to 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Melt coconut oil over low heat in a large pot.
- Wash, peel, dice veggies into uniform ½ inch pieces. Add to melted coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add all other ingredients, stir to combine. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 18-30 minutes, until veggies and lentils are tender. Stir frequently.
- Combines well with cauliflower or broccoli rice, greens and/or garnished with cilantro, and/or fresh lime.