It’s that time of the year again. When people are starting to think about setting New Year’s resolutions and goals! Whether you plan to set a goal around fitness, health, or nutrition, we have lots of tips you can use to make 2015 the most successful year yet!
Pure Vibe’s Top Five Tips for setting a New Year’s goal!
- Choose a goal that will be challenging, but not so challenging that it’s unattainable. Be honest with yourself about how much time and energy you are willing to put into this goal.
- Write your goal down, and measure both your successes and failures! Choose a goal you can track throughout the year, and set time aside each week or month to review how you are doing and to celebrate your achievements and learn from your failures
- Set yourself up for success! Rather than choosing a goal like loosing 15 pounds, commit to incorporating a new habit into your life like going to the gym three times a week, or doing all of your meal prep and grocery shopping on a Sunday to ensure you have healthy meals planned for yourself – these practical actions and habits will help make your goal more achievable
- Share your goal! Tell your friends and family. Post it on Facebook or Twitter! This will help with having accountability for working towards your goal, and let those who care about you lend support.
- Learn to love discomfort! If you feel comfortable, you’re probably not pushing on your goal. Seek comfort in the moments of discomfort and have compassion for yourself as you take up new habits and push outside of your comfort zone!