Stress has become a widely accepted part of living a fast-paced lifestyle, but too much stress can contribute to negative health. The goal is not to eliminate all stress from your life, but to find a healthy relationship with stress, and develop the habits and lifestyle changes required to sustain healthy levels.
Chronic stress can cause major illnesses that leave you feeling crippled. High blood pressure, heart attack, strokes, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, heart burn and obesity are a few of the effects of ignoring your stress overtime.
Whole Body Vibration is an effective way to lower your stress quickly.
In honor of National Stress Awareness Day this month, we’ve put together our best tips for using Whole Body Vibration (WBV) to lower your stress levels for good.
· Decrease Stress Hormones – WBV decreases the production of the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands. Studies have found whole body vibration exercises to be effective in reducing the production of cortisol and contributing to lower stress levels.
· Increase Muscle Relaxation – WBV can be used for whole body relaxation. The vibration platform makes for a therapeutic massage treatment that can target all the muscle groups. Consider a restorative session on your plate or in the studio and enjoy the feeling of your stress melting away.
· Raise Healthy Hormones – WBV has been shown to raise serotonin levels. When serotonin is secreted in your brain, it helps create feelings of comfort, contentment and well-being.
· Take a HIIT without the HIT – WBV provides additional benefits to the already beneficial High Intensity Interval Training workout. The machines are very easy on your joints and muscles, allowing you to train hard without the stress and pain that can accompany other forms of High Intensity Training.
· Enhance Wellness – WBV helps promote overall wellness. It has been shown to increase blood flow, lymph drainage, oxygenate cells, release endorphins and detox the body.