Kale is a delicious super-food that should be enjoyed regularly to boost your health and immunity. It contains fiber, antioxidants, calcium and vitamin C and K. Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef! Iron is critical for good health, especially for women. Kale is known as the “Queen of Greens” for its powerhouse of nutrition!
If you want to watch your waist line shrink, SWAP KALE for POTATOES!
Kale is delicious sautéed, steamed, baked or fresh in a salad or smoothie. This tasty green can be easily be subbed for a side of potatoes or fries or blended into your favorite smoothie.
Start your morning off right with this delicious kale smoothie. Not only will it help keep your blood sugar at a healthy level, it will kick start your metabolism so that your burn more calories all day long. Kick potatoes (and hunger cravings) to the curb with this healthy breakfast smoothie!
- 3 ½ cups organic curly kale (roughly 3 leaves, de-stemmed)
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ avocado
- ½ kiwi
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon raw maca powder
- ½ teaspoon raw matcha powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup water (or more to your desired consistency)
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth. Enjoy!