Brussels sprouts are rich in antioxidants and help protect against cancer. They are part of the Brassicaceae family of vegetables which include kale, cauliflower, and mustard greens.
Brussels sprouts are rich in vitamin K, which is required for blood clotting and bone health. They also have vitamin C, which helps promote iron absorption and repairs tissue and immune function.
These mini cabbages are a VIBE STABLE because of how much nutrition is packed in this low-caloric vegetable. Bake them, steam them, boil them, eat them raw in a salad or toss them in a cast iron skillet like the recipe below. Enjoy this delicious vegetable regularly to get all the benefits! This recipe is vegan and gluten-free! Share it with friends and family this holiday season.
Brussels Sprouts, Walnut, and Pomegranate Salad
Organic Ingredients (For the Salad):
- 4 cups of Brussel sprouts
- 4 cups of spring mix
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Organic Ingredients (For the Vinaigrette):
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup hemp oil
- Pink salt and pepper, to taste
- Use a cast iron skillet over medium heat to cook the Brussel sprouts and onions.
- Then toast the walnuts until they are lightly brown. This will take 2-3 minutes.
- Toss the spring mix, Brussel sprouts, onions and walnuts into a large bowl.
- Add all the vinaigrette ingredients into a glass jar with a sealed lid.
- Close the lid and shake until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to even out the dressing.
- Place any leftover dressing in the fridge which lasts 3 days. Enjoy!