This feel good green soup is perfect for meal prep on Sunday as it is the ideal quick dinner to reheat during the busy work week paired with a fresh organic spring mix salad. It is nutrient-dense, low-fat, gluten-free, vegan, and jam-packed with vegetables. Rich and creamy!
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 10-ounce pkg frozen organic spinach
- 1 10-ounce pkg frozen organic kale
- 1 10-ounce pkg frozen organic peas
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- tamari to taste
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- chili flakes and nutritional yeast to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss broccoli florets with 1 tbsp. olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and roast 15-20 minutes.
- While broccoli is cooking, sauté garlic and shallot in remaining tbsp. olive oil over medium heat till fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add spinach, kale, peas, stock and water, stirring constantly, until spinach is thawed. Season with salt and pepper. Turn heat down to a simmer, and cover pan.
- When roasted broccoli is done, add to pot and simmer a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth or desired consistency.
- Garnish with chili flakes and nutritional yeast as desired.