Vegan Kale & Cabbage Slaw
Local BC produce this month includes kale and cabbage—just in time for some crunchy slaw on St. Patrick’s Day.
- one bunch kale, thick stem removed, shredded
- ¼ head cabbage, shredded
- 1-2 carrots, grated
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- sea salt and pepper to taste
In small bowl, mix together dressing and set aside.
- Prepare vegetables and place in large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Let salad rest a few minutes. This will soften kale.
- Add seeds, toss again.
- Serves 1-2.