Creamy Green Spirulina Smoothie
Spirulina is a super nutritious blue-green algae that’s high in B vitamins and minerals like iodine, iron, beta-carotene, magnesium, beta-carotene and antioxidants. It’s a complete protein source containing all the essential amino acids, making it an excellent source of protein on a vegan diet. There are 4 grams of protein in just one tablespoon of spirulina!
In addition to being so potent in minerals and vitamins, it’s also very detoxifying and alkalizing to your body, making it a VIBE STAPLE. It’s flavour is almost undetectable when tossed into a smoothie or soup. So grab a bag of this nutritional power house and start upgrading your nutrition, starting with this delicious smoothie!
- 1 ripe banana (previous frozen and cut up works best)
- ½ cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup non-sweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup of chopped kale (previously frozen works best, but fresh is OK too!)
- 1 tsp organic spirulina powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender. If you want your smoothie to be thicker, add more ice and blend to your ideal consistency.
Vibe Tip: Save this delicious smoothie for after a work-out or later in the day. While the banana is a natural source of sugar, it will still spike your blood sugars slightly – which is OK when done post-workout or near the end of your day when your body is preparing for sleep and rest.