The first time Kimberly walked into the studio I thought, “Wow, what a babe!’ There is nothing more attractive than a strong, confident, decisive women that knows exactly who she is and exactly what she wants.
My mouth dropped when she shared she was 51 and on a mission to get fit and build lean muscle mass to lower her body fat and conquer menopause. Her calm committed approach and focused plan made it apparent that she would be successful and hit her goals. And I always know when I have a winner on my hands if they follow my advice and nail their execution the next day.
And she did just that. Walked right onto machine #11 the next morning @ 8:58 am focused, hydrated, present while looking into her two strong eyes in the mirror and setting her intention for class. She was in the game and ready to go which enabled her to give 110% and turned down the machine if she needed too so she could participate fully while finishing strong and walked out the door smiling with her head high @ 9:23 am.
Like Bono “ALWAYS CHANNEL YOUR INNER ROCK STAR”. I watched him drive right into BC Place back stage and get out of his van at 9:30 pm and hit the stage strong at 9:32 pm. He KILLED his set and at 11:14 he walked right off the stage, into his van and turned right onto EXPO Blvd. at 11:17 pm.
YOU SEE this is how we ROLL! That is and has always been our killer concept since day 1. The entire purpose of Pure Vibe is to help you nail your execution so you get the best possible results in less time. Therefore we cut out all the pretentious fake fluff, idol chatter and distractions so you can quiet the mind, connect and get down to business enabling us to deliver an hour workout in just 20 minutes! In a nutshell we are an effective and efficient solution specifically designed for quality vibers who wake up each day determined to slay like a ROCK STAR!
Vibe Training Tip: Practice silence so you can stop thinking, start connecting and start doing!
Q & A
1. Where are you from and when did you move to Vancouver?
I was born and raised in the lower mainland and as a young woman moved to Vancouver to attend UBC. Upon graduation I decided to make Vancouver my permanent home. I’m definitely a downtown girl with a love for restaurants, music and the arts!
2. What enticed you to try VIBES?
Classes are only 20 minutes long! I felt I could spare 20 minutes out of my busy day. Morning classes are ideal for me and I enjoy seeing the same vibers each week as it feels like a community.
3. Since you started Vibes in June 2015 you have done over 287 Classes despite being out of Vancouver for 14 months due to work, how has VIBES changed your life and what benefits have you noticed?
I have never felt better both physically and emotionally. My body has transformed and I am wearing dresses again that I have not worn for 2+ years. This is solely due to attending Vibe Fitness Classes 5 x a week. The best 20 minutes of my day, truly! I appreciate this takes commitment and focus but it’s well worth the effort.
4. You have kindly referred friends who are also thriving, what do you tell others about your daily habit?
Friends ask me what my secret is to looking slim and I share that I VIBE for 20 minutes a day.
5. After 30 we lose 1% of muscle mass per year which lowers our metabolism making is much easier to gain weight which is why resistance training and daily exercise is so critical. What advice would you share with someone who is going through menopause, struggling with weight loss and claim they are “too busy, too old, too out of shape, too injured” to VIBE?
I am 51 years old and have been in menopause for several years now. I can assure you that vibe is my preferred choice of exercise! Don’t get me wrong, weight management is an ongoing concern at this stage of life, and I definitely have a few “soft odd spots” that I would like to tighten up and shrink (i.e. inner thighs, buttocks), which is why I am so focused and grateful for Pure Vibe. Being a viber allows me to continue to work toward my goals of being the best version of myself possible.
6. You are extremely busy running your real estate business however you always fit in your daily vibe, why is that so important to you?
I feel awesome after a really tough work out. I carry this energy with me throughout my whole day on the sales floor. When I’m away on holidays I miss vibing and can hardly wait for my next class.
7. What advice would you share with a new viber that is just getting started?
As a new viber it’s important to commit to attending classes regularly as this is where the real benefits come from. I remember my first few weeks of vibing and thinking “holy cow” this is so hard! Don’t give up. Dig deep and push through the stiff, sore muscles. Results are noticeable in as little as 6 weeks, at least it was for me.
8. What do you think is the key to anti-aging?
9. Why is it so important to be the best version of yourself?
If you love yourself then others cannot help but love you too!
10. Favorite Vibe Exercise:
Planking. The magic bullet to a strong and lean core! I have suffered from lower back pain my whole adult life and since vibing that constant lower back pain is now gone.