This easy to make salad is low calorie, high nutrition and makes an excellent post vibe meal! Beats are an excellent source of fiber, folate and vitamin C. Their pigment and nitrates help lower blood pressure and improve athletic performance and recovery.
Beets increase blood flow throughout your muscles, which makes them a great recovery tools as they offset inflammation. They also help improve oxygen efficiency, thereby putting less pressure on your cardiovascular system. The rich colour in beets are made up of betacyanins which are powerful antioxidants. Studies show eating beets after a workout help reduce muscle soreness such as DOMS and recovery from intense exercise such as HIIT.
VIBE Swap of the Week: Replace added sugars and sauces containing artificial ingredients for BEETS. Refined sugars hidden in salad dressings and sauces like BBQ dressing are loaded with chemicals that derail your performance, recovery and results.
Swap out these toxic foods for BEETS: Beets can be enjoyed roasted like in the salad below, baked, stewed, pureed or pressed into a juice. They are full of flavour that will leave you satisfied and nourished.
- Arugula, 6 cups
- Beets, 2 large
- Brussel sprouts, 2 cups
- Carrots, 2 large
- Onion, 1 large
- Garlic, 1 large head
- Roasted pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 7 Grain Mustard
- Hemp Oil
- Wash, peel and cut the vegetables. Place vegetables onto a large baking sheet with the onion, garlic and rosemary. Add hemp oil, salt and pepper. Roast them in the oven at 375 degrees (f) for about 45 minutes. The vegetables should come out soft (a knife should be easily sliced through it). Remove from the oven to cool.
- Place the greens in a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and pumpkin seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix vinegars, mustard and hemp oil and dress the salad.