Summer is all about hot days at the beach, climbing mountains, and spending time on the patio – but it’s also about fattening foods, cold beer and BBQs!
The first and most important step to slimming down and feeling amazing this summer, is making the choice to do it. When you fully commit to your health, you’ll find it easier to make choices that support a healthy and slim body all summer long.
Enjoy your summer + stay healthy and fit with our top 7 slim-down tips!
1. Move it to lose it! Maintain your physique with a minimum of three vibes per week. Set yourself up for success by scheduling in your workouts in advance.
2. Rise early, and sleep longer. Make it a priority to get a vibe in before going out to enjoy the sun. Rising early will give you the flexibility to fit more into your days. Aim for a deep, restful sleep of at least 8 hours every night. Get those zzzs!
3. Drink lots of water. When your body is hydrated, you are less likely to want to snack on high calorie beverages. Invest in a nice water bottle to help you drink more water! When you drink water, you’ll feel full for longer and have more endurance.
4.Spend time outdoors. Take up a new hobby that involves movement. Vancouver is known for it’s amazing trails, ocean beaches, and beautiful seawalls. The more you move, the better you will feel.
5. Skip the sugar! Consuming sugary products is the fastest way to gain weight and feel bad. Sugar sucks the energy and health from you, which is why we recommend you stop eating it completely. Opt for eating a whole food plant based diet, which can include natural sweets like fruit and smoothies!
6. Shop local (for your health and the community!). Consuming food grown and produced locally offers your body more nutrition. Fill your fridge with fresh produce from the farmers market. Your stomach and taste buds will thank-you for it!
7. Stay active while traveling. Don’t let your vacation hold you back from your goals! Seek out ways to fit in a workout while away. Even if you are in the middle of the dessert, or some far off land, there is no excuse to not fit in a workout. Go for a walk, hike, run, swim, or practice some yoga – the key is to keep your body moving, and hopefully get a good sweat in!