Your health and fitness goals are very important to us, and we respect the time and energy you invest into your training. Here are our top seven tips for getting the most out of your class:
- Come to class well rested. A study out of Stanford University showed a marked improvement in athletes who aimed for ten hours of sleep a night for eight weeks. We recommend at least eight hours of quality sleep a night. Come to class well hydrated. Water is important for lubricating your joints and regulating body temperature, as well as transporting nutrients throughout your body. A lack of water when exercising affects your performance and results by 30-40% and can lead to fatigue, muscle cramping, and dizziness. We recommend drinking 3-4 liters of purified water daily.
- Come to class on an empty stomach. Unless otherwise recommended by your healthcare provider, do not eat 4-5 hours before your class. Often called “fasted training,” exercising on an empty stomach works favorably with your body’s hormonal responses, specifically insulin and growth hormone.
- Plan ahead, and park 2-3 blocks away. Walking 2-3 blocks before class will warm up your muscles, calm your mind and help you mentally transition from your daily commitments to focus on yourself. It will also lessen any anxiety you might have about getting back to your car before the meter runs out so you can fully enjoy your class.
- Please arrive on time ready to go! Your machine has been conveniently reserved for you and our studio doesn’t have the space for early birds. Enter the studio quietly practicing silence so you can focus on your breathing to create a strong mind-body connection. Arrive on time, ready to go, and we’ll make sure you meet your fitness goals within a 30-minute turnaround.
- Don’t stop! Our classes are only 20 minutes, and we know you can do it!
- Take some plant-based branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) with plenty of water following your class. BCAAs promote protein synthesis and muscle growth, as well as prevent fatigue. Follow this with a plant-based meal including 30 grams of protein within 90 minutes after your class, avoiding sugar, dairy, and grains.
- Come back tomorrow! Dosage = results!