Cabbage is loaded with vitamins and minerals and makes a tasty substitution for carbohydrate rich foods like pasta and noodles.
Cabbage comes from the Brassica genus of vegetables, which includes broccoli, kale and cauliflower. Cabbage is excellent for detoxing and will keep you full for long periods of time. Enjoy eating it in salads, soups, baked, grilled and sautéed. This vegetable will keep your heart healthy, your belly full and give your body a boost of minerals and vitamins.
VIBE SWAP of the Week: Sub all noodles and pasta for cabbage. Enjoy making this “Cabbage Noodle” soup below!
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 ribs of celery (leaves included), diced
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 large cabbage head, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas (fresh is always best)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- Pink salt and black pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil, for sautéing veggies
- Preheat a large pot to medium, using 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Add the onions, carrots and celery until the onions are softened. Add the water and all the other ingredients with the exception of the nutritional yeast and parsley. Once the soup reaches a boil point, reduce to low and cover with a lid. Cook until the vegetables are tender, and the broth is tasty. This takes around 30-minutes.
- Mix in the nutritional yeast and parsley. Pink salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!