Golden milk is a warm, healing beverage that mixes turmeric with other super food healing ingredients like hemp hearts and black pepper. Golden milk has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-arthritic, and anti-cancer benefits.
This recipe makes a healthy coffee substitution in the morning and a delicious wind down dessert at night.
Vibe Swap of the Week: SWAP regular dairy milk for hemp milk.
Plant based milks are on the rise, and for good reason. Ditching dairy will cut your risks for various diseases that the dairy industry has been trying to cover up for a long time such as cancer, diabetes, heart and stroke, obesity, arthristis, osteoporosis, dementia just to name a few. Milk contains an alarming amount of hormones, along with a cocktail of chemical contaminants proven to cause inflammation. In a nutshell Hemp Milk is a far more nutritious product. And with a bit of creativity, can be swapped out for dairy milk in most recipes.
Enjoy this delicious golden hemp milk latte!
- Cold filtered water, 3 cups
- Hemp hearts, 1 cup
- Coconut oil, 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder, 3 teaspoons
- Ginger powder, 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Natural vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Stevia, to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth.
- Heat in a small sauce-pan over low heat and enjoy! This beverage can also be served over ice instead of heating or frozen for nice cream.
Store up to 3 days in the fridge after making in a sealed glass container!